The Rainbow Grocery Cooperative Mission
We have been in San Francisco’s Mission District since 1975. We strive to offer resources, education and a forum for informational exchange for many local communities and organizations.
Our goals include, but are not limited to:
- Providing affordable vegetarian food products which have minimal negative impact ecologically and socially
- Buying goods from local organic farmers, collectives, bakers, dairies and other local businesses whenever possible
- Providing our customers with the best possible service
- Providing Rainbow Grocery Cooperative’s workers with a livable wage
- Creating a nonhierarchical work space based upon respect, mutuality and cooperation
- Offering low-cost health care products and resources
- Supporting other collectives and worker-owned businesses
- Supporting fair labor practices
- Donating to local non-profit organizations and schools
- Encouraging bicycling, mass transit, and alternative transportation
- Composting all in-store green wastes; recycling, reducing and reusing resources whenever possible
- Creating a diverse, non-discriminatory multilingual environment
We maintain an ongoing commitment to make Rainbow Grocery Cooperative an inclusive environment that is welcoming to everyone.