Shopping in bulk is a great way to save money and reduce environmental waste. With over 800 products to choose from, you can buy a pinch or a pound of your favorite coffees, granolas, olives, nuts, flours, olive oils, miso, chocolate, rice, beans, herbs, spices, teas and the list goes on.
The size and quality of our Bulk Department is an important part of Rainbow Grocery’s mission to provide quality, affordable food that is grown with the minimum negative ecological impact. In the Bulk Department, we do this by:
- Buying goods directly from local, organic farmers and from independent, local manufacturers
- Encouraging customers to use recycled containers brought from home (You get a five cent credit for every recycled container or bag you bring from home to refill with your favorite bulk foods.)
- Carrying organic products whenever possible
- Carrying both commercial and organic versions of many of our products if we believe that the organic version might be cost prohibitive to some of our customers
- Carrying a wide selection of fair trade coffees and chocolate