Rainbow Grocery is proud to support the development of worker-owned cooperatives in the Bay Area through our Cooperative Grant Program. This year, one of our exciting grant recipients is the Worker Coop Academy, a project of the Bay Area Blueprint Collaborative. The Academy will be held in the East Bay beginning in September 2014 and is accepting applications until August 1st…so apply now! To find out how, click here.
The Worker Coop Academy will provide skills and technical training to four groups of participants:
- Startups: Founders of new worker cooperatives that are already operating or plan to open in 2014 or 2015.
- Expanders: Members of existing worker coops that seek to grow.
- Converters: Owners and employees looking to transition to worker ownership.
- Developers: Staff of nonprofits or other organizations that are developing worker coops that are already operating or that will open in late 2014 or 2015.
The Worker Coop Academy will be an intensive business and legal training course educating teams of 3 or more who want to operate democratically-run, worker-owned business. There are six course modules that the Academy will cover:
- Governance, Management, and Leadership
- People and Culture
- Cooperative Development
- Legal Issues
The Worker Coop Academy is one of a number of amazing cooperatives that are supported by Rainbow Grocery’s Cooperative Grant Program. Find out more about our Cooperative Grant Program and about the other 2014 Cooperative Grant recipients.View Post