Rainbow Grocery Cooperative is committed to being a sustaining part of our Bay Area community and the larger cooperative movement. This year, our membership created the Cooperative Grant Program to foster the development of living wage, democratic workplaces in the Bay Area.
Our new Cooperative Grant Committee supports the development and growth of existing and start up cooperatives and collectives in the Bay Area. We are prioritizing funding those cooperatives that are striving to:
- Function democratically and non-hierarchically at all levels of their business/organization.
- Establish a cooperative as part of a community that is underserved by their type of business and/or by businesses that have a cooperative structure.
- Reflect the community in which they are located and maintain an inclusive and just work environment.
- Become a participant in the larger cooperative movement, especially within the Bay Area and Northern California.
- Maintain or expand an existing cooperative that has made a demonstrable contribution to their local community.
Does this sound like you? We are excited to hear more! Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.