The purpose of our Cooperative Grant Program is to foster the growth of existing or start-up worker-owned cooperatives and collectives.
Through our Cooperative Grant Program, we are working to make sustained, positive change in our community. Together, we will be creating living wage, democratic jobs in the Bay Area and a workforce that will have the time, interest and resources to put back into our local community. Rainbow is particularly invested in funding cooperatives that are striving to:
- Function democratically and non-hierarchically at all levels of their business/organization.
- Establish a cooperative as part of a community that is underserved by their type of business and/or by businesses that have a cooperative structure.
- Reflect the community in which they are located and maintain an inclusive and just work environment.
- Become a participant in the larger cooperative movement, especially within the Bay Area and Northern California.
- Maintain or expand an existing cooperative that has made a demonstrable contribution to their local community.
If you are interested in finding out more about our Cooperative Grant Program, please send a letter of interest to: Cooperative Grant Program Rainbow Grocery Cooperative 1745 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94103